Transition to the Internet of Things
IoT or the Internet of Things is the next phase of the digital revolution. There are billions of daily objects that will be connected by 2020.
Connected objects can simplify daily life and improve individuals well-being, at home, at the office, with the family or within any other community.
By encouraging the transition from the Internet of Things to the Internet of Services, La Poste, DOCAPOSTE and their partners make it possible for users to have new experiences and create new opportunities for companies.
La Poste digital hub as a booster for business…
Universal operator for exchanges and trusted third-parties, Le Groupe La Poste works from its digital BtoB subsidiary DOCAPOSTE and its dedicated platform, the La Poste digital hub, to accelerate the transition from the Internet of things to the Internet of services.
The digital hub is the leading platform for managing connected solutions and targets both individuals and companies.
For companies and administrations, the digital hub is used to create, test and develop innovative solutions rapidly through connected objects and service bricks.
For individuals, the digital hub simplifies their daily life by enabling them to integrate their objects and benefit from digital and human services around the same objects.
Digital hub advantages rely on 2 pillars:
- Openness & Interface: high compatibility of the solution, the digital hub can interconnect with all types of objects and services.
- Security & Confidentiality : the digital hub is based on a 'privacy by design' architecture on HDS (Health Data Hosting) certified storage solutions, to enable each user to control the use of their personal information and share it with chosen third-parties.
The digital hub solution is:
- Complete and upgradable: it provides all the functional bricks required to implement a service (subscription, management of offers and services for individuals, etc.), and combine rapid implementation and robust operation.
- Easy to use: it provides design and development interfaces for services and management of the associated offers, enabling rapid appropriation by non-developers.
- Shared and proposed in SaaS mode: the companies and administrations are invoiced on use, with limited setup costs.
- The capacity to manage high volumes of sensitive data (e.g. pharmaceutical folder, postal sorting, etc.).
- Expertise in enhancing and billing mobile operators.
- Smart home/home security: Philips, Lifx Parrot, MyFox, Legrand, Smockeo
- Well-being/Health: Atol, Withings, iHealth, MIR, HealthKit and Google Fit
… as well as all award-winning start-ups of the French IoT contest.
The digital hub implements the skills and assets of Le Groupe La Poste and DOCAPOSTE:
SINCE THE CES OF JANUARY 2016 MANY PARTNERS HAVE JOINED THE DIGITAL HUB OF LA POSTE IN VARIOUS AREA OF USE:
Four industrial leaders, recognised for their capacity to innovate in their strategic thinking about IoT, responded enthusiastically to La Poste's call for tenders to promote the French IoT subsidiary and sponsor one of the 4 categories of the 'French IoT 2016 contest': Malakoff Médéric, BNP Paribas Real Estate, Derichebourg multiservices and Boulanger
La Poste, DOCAPOSTE and these industrial partners worked together in 'open innovation' mode on concepts for services/uses cases associating their activity, their connected objects and the La Poste digital hub. The advantage of this platform is to design and rapidly market services that associate objects from very different spheres and that extend the scope of action for these players.
The largest customer of the digital hub is the La Poste itself. This is seen concretely in the development of its own 'postal' offers using a combination of physical and digital services: home interventions, streamlining of package dispatches, 'Domino', 'Supervise my parents' etc.
Follow the latest news in French IoT, digital hub and CES: french-iot.tumblr.com
For more information on the French IoT programme and award-winning start-ups of the 2016 contest: concours-french-iot.laposte.fr